Monday, August 26, 2013

Paleo week one

So I started the 30 day paleo challenge yesterday. What does this have to do with being a long distance Grandmother?

Everything.

I not only want to be around a long time, I want the time I am around to be the healthiest years I can possibly have. When I was in my 20s I could cut back on my unhealthy eating and lose weight really easily. I remember doing Weight Watchers after my daughter was born and I lost 40 pounds in four months. Once you turn 50 however the weight just is so darn stubborn about coming off.

But it isn't just the weight. I lost two parents to cancer. My dad ended up with diabetes as he got older and high blood pressure runs in my family and I have been on meds for it for years. So honestly I don't have great genes so I have to do the best I can as that clock is so ticking. Is it super easy, no. This morning I want a creamy iced coffee so bad I could scream but I am going to look at pictures of Hattie to help get me through.

I also want to be a good example to not only Hattie but to my kids also. We all need to take care of ourselves because what we do now so affects us down the road and I am tired of rolling the dice and hoping for the best.

So here I go. It's 30 days and I can't wait to see where I will be at in a month. Hattie will be my inspiration.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment