Sunday, August 25, 2013

30 day challenge

As I mentioned in my last post I have decided to shake up my eating plan as once I thought about how I was feeling, I realized I wasn't feeling that great. I felt bloated and just plain clogged (how's that for TMI). I am going to attribute that to the extra dairy.

I have read lots of information that since celiac disease damages your intestines you end up not being able to tolerate lots of other foods and dairy can be one of them. I actually tried giving it up once before on the advice of a nutritionist and it was so hard as I was going gluten free at the same time. So I was a fail on giving up dairy but I want to try it again.

So for 30 days I am doing a Paleo challenge. It's not much different than WW SImply Filling but there is no dairy allowed. I will also be adding in some healthy fats such as avocado and nuts as I have never believed in the low fat lifestyle.

It just makes sense. The artificial sweeteners, gluten, beans, dairy all make me feel terrible. My damaged stomach cannot handle them and I feel that I over eat as my body is screaming for nutrition and always has been. So back to real food it is and sadly always should have been.

So here we go, I do wish I could shame a family member into doing it with me but this is something you really have to believe in to do. Wish me luck!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment