Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day in the life of my brain

I kept thinking about what to blog about today but honestly I don't have something glaring me in the face. So I will give little snippets (great word that I feel is very underused) of the various things that are going on. Nothing earth shattering but still fill up my brain.

 

  • We started Duncan in aggression classes. No he hasn't bitten anyone and he likes most people but he does overact and bark aggressively at a few select people. So we are trying to nip that in the bud (haha) before it goes any further. Mostly training involves cramming massive amounts of hot dogs in his mouth so he associates people with food. I am so sick of the hot dog smell I could hurl and now I associate people with the hot dog smell which now may cause me to bite someone.
  • Weight Watchers continues to go well and since I work with several people who are also members it is great to have the support. But then again we now talk about food the entire work day. What we are craving, what we can eat, what we can't eat and how many minutes it is until we can eat again.
  • We are on the countdown for Hattie and my daughter and SIL to come home. Of course that has led to thinking about the tons of things we have to get done in this house before they get here. Thoughts of redecorating, buying new furniture, having cable run into their bedroom, planting flowers out front and painting are consuming me. My guess is we never paint, we don't buy a stick of furniture, we never call the cable company and I just buy a bouquet of flowers for inside. So you would think knowing that I could let the other stuff go, wouldn't ya!
  • I got a call yesterday from my daughter that their septic tank backed up which of course had me worrying all day about that. What if it's $500, what if it's $5,000 or $10,000 and their entire yard has to be dug up. (it ended up it was clogged and it was $200).
  • Work is crazy. I truly love what I do but it is so busy that it is in my thoughts all day (along with the other things listed) and I have bolted awake at 3am several times lately thinking I forgot to do something. So I run around like a crazy person all day wondering why I am there working with 20something year olds but knowing I need to pay for Duncan's classes, the bouquet of flowers, my weight watchers at work meetings and the psychiatrist sessions I sorely need.
  • It's exhausting to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment