Saturday, July 20, 2013

I have a plan Stan

I love the weekends for lots of reasons but one of them is that it gives me time to think. During the work week my brain is so full of work, errands, paying bills and laundry. What to have for dinner, what to watch on tv before I fall asleep from being exhausted from work, running errands, laundry and paying bills and then it's the morning and you start all over.

Most times I feel like I am in the middle of the movie Groundhog Day and just waking up and living the same day over and over. And honestly, I'm tired.

I've realized I don't really like the path I'm on right now and it's time to start on a new one. I don't know why it has taken me this long to figure it out but I finally am and I'm truly excited about it. Maybe that's why the fifties are so great as you can finally stop and realize what is really important. You realize that the life you have isn't going to last forever so you really need to make what you have left amazing.

Why I feel like I can bare my soul on a blog when I barely say these things out loud I don't know. But it's time to start making a plan and putting it into action. Of course there will be bumps along the way but what great plan doesn't. My husband is totally on board too so with both of us determined to make this happen, it will.

I don't even know what the end result looks like but I know what I do and don't want.

  • I do want to work at something I truly love and not worry about how much it pays or if it pays anything.
  • I don't want to live somewhere where it gets to -10 in the winter and the lakes freeze over thick enough you can drive on them.
  • I want to have more time with family and friends. I don't want a few days here and there that I get to spend with Hattie.
  • I don't want to have so much "stuff" that I don't really need or want cluttering up my life anymore.
Basically I want a simple life with a simple place to live. Clutter free, with some books to read. A bottle of wine here and there and good food. Time with family and friends and time to really see the world. I don't mean trips to Europe but time to see the world right around me. Time to just drive and stop when something looks worth stopping for.

I want to wake up in the morning and look forward to what I will be doing that day. Know at the end of the day I did something I loved and I worked at something worthwhile.

So 2013 seems like a great place to start and I feel like I am breathing easier already. I have a plan and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment