Sunday, September 22, 2013

Love is the title

I will be honest, I have been too sad to blog since our Maryland family left a few weeks ago. Our house was so filled with laughter, baby noises and love for those days and that it was so horribly quiet when they left and I hated it.
I can look at pictures and video of Hattie for days but it doesn't even come close to seeing her in person and kissing those cheeks and making her smile. When we were riding in the car together I would look over at her and she would be staring and smiling at me like she was saying "it's ok Grandma, I love you and I will see you soon" and it would melt my heart.
But it is what it is and they live in Maryland and we live over 1,000 miles away and what do you do. You make the best of it and you count down to your next visit. So now we wait for Christmas which is three months away. If I can't stand it I could fly there for a three day weekend sometime soon.
I guess I just didn't realize what was missing in my heart and it was Hattie. And even though I don't get to see her often I am so blessed that she is in our lives now. I am a Grandmother now and I get it. I get when people would say "it is a love like no other" as it truly is.



No comments:

Post a Comment